Taking a mental health screening is one of the fastest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. Mental Health America offers screenings that only take a few minutes, and once finished, you’ll receive information about the next steps based on the results.
Early Treatment Can Be Key
- Develop actionable plans for solving problems
- Better deal with challenges
- Identify and change behaviors that are holding you back
- Shift to a positive way of looking at things
- Heal from painful things in your past
- Identify and set new goals, and strategies to reach them
- Build self-confidence
How to Get Started
- Prepare a list of questions to ask before you call. Your list may include questions about the provider’s experience, treatment options, costs, insurance plans accepted, televisit options, timelines, and counselors.
- Expect to be asked questions about your background and why you’re seeking help. Try to be as open and honest as you can.
- Don’t be afraid to request a female or male counselor if that’s important to you. The provider should want to make you feel as comfortable as possible.